Guest Post | Jul 31, 2022
The ITIL accreditation has been the top qualification for IT service providers for many years. This qualification denotes specialized knowledge, which enables many people and businesses to provide high-quality IT services. With the ITIL certification, you can boost your earning potential in the IT business and advance your career.
Here we have everything you need to know about ITIL qualifications, the levels of expertise, ITIL foundation training, resources and prerequisites to start a career.
What Is an ITIL v4 Certification?
ITIL v4 advances on previous editions by providing a realistic and adaptable foundation for enterprises on their path to digital transformation. ITIL qualifications indicate that you have been trained in best practices for service management, leveraging procedures, concepts, and methodologies that are popular in the present IT domain.
The certification can assist individuals who need a fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework, for professionals who want to learn how to apply this in the business model. ITIL v4 facilitates IT service management, and can help any IT expert who will be operating in an organization that has implemented the framework.
Who Can Enroll in an ITIL Certification?
The ITIL foundation training framework provides a business perspective on how an IT department operates and aids in understanding the wider context of an organization’s IT operations. The ITIL certification will assist most IT professionals. It is strongly recommended for experts in mid to senior-level management positions.
This qualification can assist the following professional roles and positions:
- Individuals who worked in the business sector and now transitioning to a firm that provides technology and IT services
- Individuals working in IT Services Management
- IT consultants
- Experts in the Mid-level and senior-level in the IT domain
Why Should You Be ITIL Certified?
- Increase your productivity and enjoy the benefits of higher-paying opportunities.
- An ITIL certification enhances your competencies and trains you to administer and execute ITIL across the IT systems.
- Regular updates in the ITIL curriculum according to the changing environment will always be work relevant, and the need for ITIL-certified experts will always be high.
- Allows you to participate in service improvement and to apply creative skills to better services.
- Enables you to contribute to ongoing service improvement and apply innovative concepts to improved services.
- An ITIL certification enables you to minimize development costs and risks, and handle complicated problems with better long-term solutions.
- Work with the top companies, including Ericsson, Wipro, Accenture, Genpact, Infosys, Airtel, HCL, etc.
The ITIL Qualification Path
The ITIL qualification is a set of certificates that span the core areas of the ITIL framework. To get certified, a prospective ITIL practitioner must first complete formal training in ITIL techniques.
Here are some key aspects:
- ITIL certification is only available to individuals. There are presently no certifications available for enterprises or organizations. AXELOS solely certifies those who aspire to thrive in various areas of the ITIL framework. Employees can select candidates from their applicant pool based on their needs.
- AXELOS has a three-tier system to ensure the authenticity of ITIL tests:
- AXELOS is the owner of the ITIL certification program. It also accredits examination institutes and authorizes them to offer ITIL certificates.
- AXELOS has authorized Examination Institutes to provide ITIL certificates to students who pass the ITIL examination. They license training firms to provide ITIL certifications.
- Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs) regulate ITIL examinations to candidates.
The Levels of ITIL 4 Certification
The ITIL certification is divided into four credential levels.
The first three levels are based on:
- Number of credits
- Passing exams
- Candidates must have a total of 22 credits to qualify for the ITIL Expert level accreditation.
- Obtaining the ultimate Master’s level is not dependent on credits. There is a different set of criteria to assess.
Levels of ITIL 4 Certification
- Managing Professional
- Strategic Leader
ITIL 4 Foundation
The ITIL 4 Foundation certification provides an overview of ITIL 4. It enables candidates to examine IT service management from start to end, and the continuous enhancement of technology-enabled services.
You can take an ITIL foundation training course to gain a basic grasp of the ITIL 4 framework, core ideas, and terminology of the ITIL service lifecycle. This course is beneficial for those who want to work in IT service management. The ITIL 4 certification course for the ITIL framework is intended to educate learners on the administration of modern IT-enabled services, covering essential ideas and common terminology used in the ITIL services lifecycle.
The ITIL foundation training will equip you with:
- ITIL 4’s guiding concepts
- IT service management aspects
- Agile, DevOps, and Lean concepts and how they may create business value
- A complete strategy to promote value co-creation in the form of goods and services with customers and other clients.
ITIL foundation training will help you to score well at the foundation exam level. After clearing the exam, you have two options to choose from according to your interest and goals: Managing Professional or Strategic Leader.
ITIL Managing Professional
The MP module gives real world and technical knowledge of governing successful IT-enabled goods, services, employees and procedures.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional certification includes four modules. ITIL practitioners who have previously acquired ITIL professional certification can get this accreditation by completing the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Training.
● CDS- Specialist Create, Deliver, and Support
This module contains the ‘core’ service management tasks and broadens the present scope of ITIL to include service creation. It emphasizes the integration of various value streams and operations to produce, distribute, and maintain IT-enabled goods and services, and supporting techniques, methodologies, and tools. In an extremely competitive industry, this module helps IT professionals to continue to provide creative but dependable tech-enabled services to their clients.
● DSV- Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
This module covers all aspects of a service provider’s involvement and contact with its users, customers, vendors, and associates. It aims on leveraging demand into value through IT services. It gives applicants the skills they need to boost client satisfaction, which is critical to profitable growth in today’s competitive environment.
● DPI- Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve
This curriculum equips employees with the practical skills required to establish a ‘learning and developing’ IT organization with a strong and successful strategic direction. The module discusses the effect and significance of Agile and Lean modes of working, and how they may be used to an organization’s advantage. It is intended for managers at all levels who are responsible for creating direction and strategy or establishing a constantly establishing team.
● HVIT-Specialist High-Velocity IT
This module addresses how digital organizations and operational models work in high-speed contexts. This module covers the use of Agile and Lean working techniques, and technological processes and concentrating on the quick delivery of goods and services to maximize value. This training is intended for IT managers and practitioners working on digital projects working in or towards high-velocity domains.
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader
The ITIL 4 Strategic Leader level is devised for digitally equipped assistance. The course demonstrates a detailed knowledge of how information technology drives and leads company strategy.
The two modules are:
● DPI – Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve
This is the same module as the ITIL Managing Professional stream.
● DITS- Leader Digital and IT Strategy
This subject emphasizes the integration of digital business and IT strategies. The lesson also discusses how new technologies are disrupting businesses across industries and how business executives can adapt. ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT strategy will assist existing and prospective IT leaders in developing and implementing digital strategies to meet these obstacles and achieve goals.
To pass ITIL 4 MP or ITIL 4 SL certification, you must pass two modules from each, with Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve the common module in both the certifications.
ITIL 4 Master Level
ITIL 4 Master Level certification shows your ability to put IT Service management concepts, strategies, and procedures into practice. Furthermore, individuals pursuing this certification should demonstrate how to achieve targeted project outcomes through work activities.
There is no specific course or curriculum required to pass for this level, as you will be evaluated considering the nature of the scenario you choose. You must have practical experience with ITIL and demonstrate your engagement in deploying the standards.
To be qualified for a Master’s certification, you must have:
- Must have previous ITIL certifications.
- Must have expertise in ITSM leadership, management, or higher management.
- Ensure considerable practical ITIL learning experience.
- Showcase active participation in practical integration.
ITIL is a renowned IT service management framework that enables businesses to derive full value from their IT services and goods. The framework establishes guiding concepts and methods but encourages businesses to operate as they think suitable within a five-stage paradigm. This enables ITIL to adapt to the various demands of various businesses, expand to meet their rising needs, and develop to meet dynamic market conditions.
If you want to grow your career, you can take up our ITIL foundation training offered by our industry expert trainers. Knowledgehut gives you an immersive learning experience at your pace. The ITIL foundation training program delivers the direction businesses require to govern new obstacles and employ the latest technology.
Q1. What is the ITIL passing score?
The passing score is 65%, and qualified candidates get credentials from an accredited examination institute.
Q2. What jobs can you get with ITIL certification?
Some of the top career paths:
- Project Manager.
- Service Delivery Manager
- Information Technology Manager
- Senior Project Manager
Q3. Is the ITIL v4 foundation exam easy?
The certification is quite difficult to pass. But if you choose the right ITIL foundation training program, study well and gather relevant study guides, you can ace the ITIL v4 foundation exam.
The National Crowdfunding & Fintech Association (NCFA Canada) is a financial innovation ecosystem that provides education, market intelligence, industry stewardship, networking and funding opportunities and services to thousands of community members and works closely with industry, government, partners and affiliates to create a vibrant and innovative fintech and funding industry in Canada. Decentralized and distributed, NCFA is engaged with global stakeholders and helps incubate projects and investment in fintech, alternative finance, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer finance, payments, digital assets and tokens, blockchain, cryptocurrency, regtech, and insurtech sectors. Join Canada’s Fintech & Funding Community today FREE! Or become a contributing member and get perks. For more information, please visit: www.ncfacanada.org