Chalk Talk – Home Buying in 2022
on May 3, 2022
“MainStreet Chalk Talk”
The MainStreet Financial Planning Discussion Club
When: Tuesday 5-17-22 at 7:30pm Eastern; 4:30pm Pacific
Recorded and able to retrieve for one week
How: Zoom Meeting, Free to ongoing clients; $10 for guests
Email: Info@mainstreetplanning to get a copy
Home Buying in 2022
Hosted by: Jennifer Bush, CFP®
Guest commentator: Carl Oguamanam
If you are thinking about buying a home this year, but not sure about the process or how the current headlines will impact your plans, you will want to listen in.
- Inflation is the highest since the early 80s
- Interest rates are ticking up
- Multiple offers are bringing home prices higher
- Shortages of building materials are causing delays and increased costs for remodels
In our next Chalk Talk conversation, we will be talking all about the current home buying process and things to think about as you get ready to jump in.
Some of the topics we’ll discuss:
- How much home can you can afford
- Typical down payment amounts, closing costs, etc.
- Support for first time home buyers
- What to expect if you are a business owner or entrepreneur
- The current mortgage process
- What if I need to sell my home first?