Various businesses have opportunities to include and support franchises. Amul is one company that has brought business opportunities for entrepreneurs. The company was founded in 1946 and is one of India’s most popular household brand names. Amul has had a strong presence in the dairy industry since its inception. It has been able to carve a niche for itself in the market, making it one of the biggest brands in India.
It is relatively simple to obtain an Amul franchise in India. To apply for the Amul Franchise, one must apply online and get the business plan approved. Entrepreneurs who do not have the required capital can also opt for financial support from the government. The best way to open an Amul franchise is to apply for an online business loan for MSMEs at lower interest rates and with flexible repayment options. Let’s learn how to open Amul Parlour in India with small business loan options!
What are the selling points of an Amul Franchise?
- Value for customers – Amul’s brand ensures a credible value for its customers through its support and other significant benefits at low costs.
- Broad Target Audience – Amul has a vast target audience and caters to restaurants, cafes, fast food shops, sweet shops and families. Some of these businesses have also expanded to online stores.
- Limited Market Competition – The primary product that Amul deals with is milk and dairy products. This sector has competitors like Kwality Walls, Vadilal, and Mother Dairy. However, Amul holds the largest market share in numerous product categories.
What Are the Requirements to Set Up an Amul Franchise?
Here’s how to get amul franchise:
1. Requirements of Land – There are different space requirements for an Amul franchise in India. For instance – for a standard Amul parlour outlet, 100 to 150 square feet of area is needed. An ice cream parlour needs 250 to 400 square feet of space. An area of just 50 to 100 square feet is required to set up an outlet at the railway station.
2. Types of equipment – After fulfilling the land requirements, it is important to ensure that all the required equipment is on site. This includes deep freezers, refrigerators, pizza ovens, cone handlers, and milk coolers.
How much does an Amul Parlour Franchise Cost in India?
The cost of Amul parlour in India varies depending on the type of outlet.
- To open an Amul milk outlet, a capital cost of at least ₹25,000 as security is needed. In addition, the land and equipment costs can amount to up to ₹80,000 each.
- To open an Amul ice cream parlour, a capital cost of ₹50,000 as security is needed. In addition, the land cost of ₹3,00,000 and the equipment cost of ₹1,50,000 will also need to be factored in.
- To set up a railway Amul parlour, a potential franchise owner will need ₹1,00,000 as security, ₹2,50,000- ₹4,00,000 for land, and ₹50,000 for equipment.
It must be noted that in return for these total costs, Amul’s franchise profit ranges between ₹5,00,000 to ₹10,00,000.
How to Apply for the Amul Franchise?
Here are the steps to apply for the Amul franchise in India:
- Visit the Amul website.
- At the bottom right, find and click on the Amul Parlours option.
- Select the ‘Online Form for Amul Parlour’ option from the list.
- Fill in the required details. Carefully check the details after entering and click on ‘Submit’.
- After successfully submitting the application form, you will receive a confirmation email at the registered email id. This email will also communicate further steps to set up the business.
The Amul customer care number helps solve any queries.
It must be noted that there are fake and unauthorised Amul websites. Therefore, ensure that the official Amul website is used for all the application processes.
How to Get Amul Franchise Without Capital?
Suppose you are interested in starting your own Amul franchise but don’t have enough money to invest. In that case, you can always apply for business loans. Those looking for collateral-free business loans to open their Amul franchise should know about the various benefits that these loans for MSME offer:
- Easy approval process: Once the eligibility for business loans is verified, the process is simple. The borrower needs to provide financial information with their business plan. The application form and identification documents must be submitted for processing the loan.
- Low-interest rates: Banks sometimes offer low business loan interest rates, and the borrower can repay the loan sooner than expected. This way, they can also save money on the interest rate for business loans.
- Quick disbursement: In most cases, it takes only 24 hours to disburse the funds.
In short, business loans are a great way to get the funding one needs to start their Amul franchise.
An Amul franchise in India is a good option because of the brand’s name. A franchise of this kind can be profitable for those with entrepreneurial qualities. Amul’s customer base across sectors and a company franchise can be lucrative. The Amul franchise costs between ₹4,00,000 – ₹6,00,000. Therefore, check the capital requirements of the desired kind of outlet before applying. MSME loans are also an option in the absence of required capital.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What tools are required to set up an Amul parlour in India?
For setting up an Amul parlour in India, one would require space, equipment like a refrigerator, deep freezer, pizza ovens, and other required tools.
2. Is the Amul franchise business profitable?
Yes, if managed well, an Amul franchise can be profitable. Profit of the Amul franchise in India ranges from ₹5 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs, depending upon the type of your outlet.
3. What are the requirements for an Amul franchise in India?
One must fulfil space, funding and equipment requirements to be selected as an Amul franchisee.
4. What is the cost of setting up an Amul ice cream parlour in India?
The cost of setting up an Amul ice cream parlour in India is ₹50,000 as security with an additional cost of ₹3 lakhs for land and ₹1.5 lakhs for tools.